The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2022 in accordance with NAAC criteria to initiate, monitor, assess, and report on necessary steps to improve the quality of teaching, learning, evaluation, and research projects on campus. The internal quality assurance cell is constantly improving the texture of quality on campus in accordance with the management’s vision and mission, which were developed with participation from stakeholders. The IQAC of SCCT, since its inception, has been consistently and actively involved in quality sustenance and quality enhancement activities.
NAAC has outlined important guidelines in respect of formation of IQAC, its objectives, strategies, mechanisms, functions, and benefits of such monitoring are as follows:
Objective of IQAC:
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
Mechanism of IQAC:
• Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive completion of academic, administrative, and financial activities.
• Ensuring the relevance and quality of academic and research programs
• Ensuring equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for diverse segments of society.
• Optimization and integration of modern teaching and learning methods
• The reliability of evaluation procedures
• Ensuring the sufficiency, maintenance, and operation of the support structure and services
• Research collaboration and networking with other Indian and international institutes
The functions of IQAC are:
• Creating and implementing quality benchmarks/parameters for the institution’s numerous academic and administrative tasks.
• Assisting in the development of a learner-centered environment favorable to quality education and faculty maturation in order to adopt the necessary knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning.
• Arrange for input on quality-related institutional processes from students, parents, and other stakeholders.
• Information dissemination regarding several quality characteristics of higher education
• Inter- and intra-institutional workshops, seminars on quality-related topics, and the promotion of quality circles.
• Documentation of numerous programs/activities that contribute to quality improvement
• Serving as the Institution’s nodal agency for coordinating quality-related initiatives, such as the adoption and dissemination of best practices.
BENEFITS: IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
• Ensure a greater understanding and emphasis in institutional functioning toward quality enhancement
• Ensure internalization of the quality culture
• Ensure enhancement and coordination among various institutional operations and institutionalization of all good practices
• Provide a solid foundation for decision-making in order to improve institutional functioning
• Serve as a dynamic system for HEI quality adjustments.
• Create an organized documentation and internal communication technique.